- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Title IX Hearing Advisor, ATIXA
Awards & Recognition
- Boston Magazine Top Lawyers, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America- Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers- Rising Star, awarded to no more than 5% of lawyers in the state, annually since 2019
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Hamilton College, magna cum laude, B.A.
Jessica L. Conklin
Jessica Conklin concentrates her practice in white collar criminal defense, government investigations, and school disciplinary hearings. Jessica works with students and their families who attend several local secondary schools, colleges and universities in connection with disciplinary proceedings and title IX investigations. Jessica’s experience includes working with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, The Office of the Inspector General, the Attorney General’s office and the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC).
A part of the firm’s litigation team, Jessica counsels clients on a variety of matters ranging from healthcare compliance and audits to government investigations. She excels at client preparation in a variety of settings, including grand jury proceedings, proffers, administrative hearings, depositions and trials.
In addition to her law practice, Jessica is an active volunteer and speaker. She serves as a member of the Boston Bar Association’s White Collar Criminal Law Section’s steering committee and presents as a panelist for panels on a range of topics. She donates her time to important issues, such as her participation in the Cross Generational Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Dialogue at Boston University Academy. Jessica is a former member of the board of editors for the Boston Bar Journal.
Jessica grew up in Somerville and currently lives in Boston. She is an avid photographer.
Jessica was part of the legal team resolving the following client matters:
White Collar & Government Investigations
- Represented a dentist in connection with state medicaid fraud investigation alleging improper advertising and anti-kickback allegations.
- Negotiated a joint settlement on behalf of a medical practice and individual physicians with the state Attorney General’s Office and the Department of Justice in connection with allegations of healthcare fraud.
- Represent several pharmaceutical representatives in federal criminal healthcare fraud investigations, including allegations anti-kickback statute and the false claims act violations.
- Prepares and advises company employees in depositions regarding governmental investigations within the healthcare industry.
- Counseled chief regulatory officer for multinational pharmaceutical company in federal misbranding and False Claims Act investigation, resulting in no charges.
- Advised an investment advisor in connection with alleged financial fraud.
- Represented investors in SEC investigation of alleged market manipulation.
- Represented individual in SEC investigation of alleged insider trading, resulting in a civil settlement without criminal charges.
- Prepared and counseled a professional services employee to testify before a grand jury in connection with a federal investigation of his employer.
- Represented union employees in federal investigations related to alleged campaign finance and public corruption matters.
- Obtain immunity for targets of white-collar investigations across several industries.
- Authored a brief and argued a motion in Federal District Court for the District of Massachusetts related to the Criminal Justice Act.
- Represent numerous middle school, high school, college, and graduate school students in connection with disciplinary actions related to assault, sexual assault, underage drinking, plagiarism and other allegations of wrongdoing.
- Achieved dismissal in a criminal matter and negotiated a probationary sentence with a higher educational institution, resulting in a professional healthcare student’s ability to graduate on time.
- Defended prep school student against accusation of Title IX violations, resulting in a finding of not responsible.
- Defended university student against allegations of sexual misconduct, resulting in the school finding the student not responsible.
- Secured finding of not responsible on behalf of a high school student involved in disciplinary code of conduct violation proceedings at a New England prep school.
- Representation of college and university faculty in connection with allegations related to matters of safety and other wrongdoing.
Community and Professional Involvement
- Boston Associates Networking Group, Co-Founder
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- White Collar Crime Conference Advisory Committee Member
- White Collar Criminal Law Section, Steering Committee Member
- White Collar Crime Conference, former Steering Committee Member
- Boston Bar Journal, former member of the Board of Editors
- Women’s Bar Association
- Asian American Lawyer’s Association of Massachusetts
- Center for Artistry & Scholarship, former Board of Directors Clerk
- Practicing with Professionalism, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (January 2023)
- Your Path to Success– Finding Your Career Path at the BBA Career Fair and Beyond, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (October 2022)
- White Collar Crime Conference, Charging and Sentencing Panel, Moderator, Boston Bar Association (May 2022)
- Beyond Email: Fact Development in the Digital Age, Moderator, Boston Bar Association webinar (April 2022)
- Related Aspects of Prepping Trials in the Remote World, Moderator, White Collar Crime Conference, Boston Bar Association (February 2021)
- Representing Students in Title IX Proceedings, panelist, Boston Bar Association (March 2020)
- Alumni Panel Discussion: Exploring A Career in Law, panelist, Boston University Academy (November 2019)
- Career Focus: Transition Between Government and Private Practice, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (December 2018)
- Boston University Academy, Alumni Panelist (May 2018)
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts, Moderator, Boston Bar Association (April 2018)
- Practicing with Professionalism, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (February 2018)
- Practicing with Professionalism, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (December 2017)
- Taking and Defending Depositions 202, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (November 2017)
- Accounting 101 for Lawyers, Moderator, Boston Bar Association (February 2017)
- Practicing with Professionalism, Panelist, Boston Bar Association (February 2017)
- Mock Trial Witness, Discovering Justice (December 2016)
- Getting Started: Drafting and Filing a Complaint in Massachusetts Courts or Administrative Agencies, Moderator, Boston Bar Association (September 2016)
- Legal Research in Practice, Panelist, Suffolk Law School (August 2016)
- Career Services Panel, Panelist, Boston College Law School (August 2012)