Experienced Legal Guidance
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Equity and inclusion are core values at Laredo & Smith, LLP. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We embrace a culture of respect and empowerment because we know it makes us better lawyers, community members and people. Our background, cultural, and identity differences help us learn from varying experiences and perspectives, driving us towards making a meaningful impact with the work we do for our clients.
Community Involvement to Foster Belonging
Our employees bring their full, authentic selves to work and their communities. We actively encourage our attorneys and professional staff to get involved in organizations that share our value of equity and inclusion. Our attorneys are eager participants in the communities in which we work and live, giving generously of their time and resources as non-profit board members, volunteers, and pro bono counsel. We have a common goal to make a difference. Here is a sampling of where our attorneys spend their time, provide leadership, and help build a sense of belonging:
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association’s Beacon Award Committee (an event that recognizes individuals and organizations for their commitment to diversity and inclusion)
- Boston Bar Association’s Law Day in Schools
- Boston Bar Association’s Women’s Leadership and Advancement Forum
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for children in foster care
- South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston
- South Boston Neighborhood House
- United Way of Massachusetts
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts
Building a Firm with Diverse Perspectives
Laredo & Smith is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse professional staff and lawyers. We proudly support and encourage volunteerism and leadership roles in organizations that support diversity, equity, and inclusion across the legal industry and beyond. Our mission is to foster a sense of engagement, affirmation, and belonging where each one of us is proud to be a part of the firm.
Across all of our firm’s employment processes, we base our decisions on each individual’s capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other protected characteristic.