- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- New York
- Federal District Court for Massachusetts
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2022
- South Asian Bar Association Greater Boston, Board Member of the Year, 2020
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A. in legal studies
Darshana Indira is an employment and business lawyer advising company owners, organizational leadership and c-suite executives in a broad range of employment and commercial litigation matters. With an ability to quickly understand client needs and industries, Darshana’s work spans many sectors, including pharmaceuticals, biotech, healthcare, and retail.
In her employment practice, Darshana handles both transactional and litigation matters. She guides businesses across all aspects of complex employer-employee relationships, advising management and senior executives in connection with contracts regarding executive compensation, employment agreements, non-compete agreements and negotiating severance. Darshana particularly enjoys advising clients over the course of their careers, helping them identify the most important factors within their employment agreements. Darshana is known for her strong advocacy, clear communications and people skills and handles a range of trials, mediations, arbitrations and settlements.
Prior to joining Laredo & Smith, Darshana was an associate with a boutique employment law firm handling both transactional matters and plaintiffs litigation. As an employment litigator, Darshana resolved matters related to wage and hour, employee disciplinary actions, and allegations of sexual harassment and employment discrimination. Her experience also includes personal injury, workers’ compensation, general liability as well as intellectual property law. Across her career, Darshana secured critical trial experience, including the full range of litigation preparation, discovery, depositions and case analysis. She defended clients in the court system as well as before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the EEOC.
Born in India, Darshana is fluent in Malayalam.
- “Reflections on Efforts at Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Profession,” co-author, Boston Bar Journal (June 2022)
- Quoted in article, “Analysis: The Legality of Workplace No Smoking Policies” (January 2020)
Community and Professional Involvement
- Boston Bar Association
- Public Interest Leadership Program
- Steering Committee member for Labor & Employment Section
- Steering Committee member for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Section
- Joint Bar Committee on Judicial Appointments, Committee Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Nominating Committee
- South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston
- Executive Committee, co-President (2023)
- Treasurer (2022)
- PR Chair (2020 – 2022)
- Women’s Bar Association, Women’s Leadership Initiative and Member
- Microaggressions in the Workplace, Panelist, Massachusetts Bar Association (February 2023)
- Navigating Accommodation Requests, Panelist, BBA Employment Law Conference (November 2021)
- The 60-Minute Lawyers: Handling Layoffs, Panelist, MCLE (June 2021)