Marc Laredo presents as a panelist on the Boston Bar Association’s CLE program entitled, “Small Businesses, Big Headaches: Ethical and Practical Challenges in Representing Closely-Held Businesses.” Marc joins fellow distinguished litigators and transactional lawyers to address the special ethical and practical challenges facing attorneys who practices involve closely-held businesses. Topics include:
- Impact of recent case law, including the WilmerHale, Cesari McKenna and Abrano decisions;
- Identifying the clients and fiduciary duties owed to them;
- Engagement letters: forming and terminating the attorney-client relationship;
- Hot Potato withdrawals of representation;
- Navigating conflicts among principals, including litigation and alternative dispute resolution; and
- Representation of stakeholders in unrelated matters – potential future conflicts.